Monday, September 7, 2020

Adventures in the CLAM

Hello one and all!
Yes, I'm back! I think you all know at this point that I've been serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was assigned to labor in the California Los Angeles Mission. I served a two-transfer mission, a mission designed for people to serve the Lord and still make sure their health stays in balance. It was the most wonderful opportunity. It was like God perfectly tailored everything for me... which honestly, He definitely did. He always does.
So yeah, that's why I've been inactive for a year and a half. I'm ready to get going again! I spent a few short days in Henderson with my family and have recently moved to Cedar City, Utah to continue my studies at Southern Utah University. I have big plans for the blog and the rest of my career in the future, but of course this is going to be an overwhelming start. I think the perfect place to begin would be a series entitled "Adventures in the CLAM"!
Many of you have read this series already. I wrote emails to family and friends every week about my missionary adventures with the intention of posting them on my blog when I got home. I really want to document this adventure because it means a lot to me. This experience has truly defined who I am in a way nothing else has before. I want to tell all of you about it and have it on the blog, and it will give me  time to settle into life at college and work on other bigger projects (I'm telling you, a lot is coming) but still publish content. I will be publishing every day (except for Sunday, that is the Lord's day) until this project is done. I want to document the mission, but I also want to move on with my life and do other things! With that said, "Adventures in the CLAM" won't be the only thing I write. I will take breaks to publish other things. But honestly, I did do quite a bit of good work on this series.
As a warning, these are going to be real letters that I wrote to family and friends while I was on my mission. There will be grammatical errors, misspellings, and emojis involved on occasion. But it is the same blog that we know and love.
As another warning, I am a return missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and we admittedly have our own language. No one really speaks it, not even people that are members of our church. I tried to make these pieces as reader-friendly as I possibly could. However, if I make something unclear or if you ever have any questions at all, please drop a comment! I'd be absolutely happy to elaborate.
Thank you so much for staying with me. And to those of you that are new, welcome to the family!
Thanks and much love family, friends, followers, fans, and fandomeers!
Let the adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment