Monday, June 10, 2013

Fred and George

Everyone's favorite redheaded twins. No, but seriously, everyone loved those guys. If you didn't, you're crazy. A trick of Fred and George's that I remember more clearly than almost any other was the Canary Creams. It's rather an odd and random trick to remember, but I still remember it, I don't know why I remembered this one out of all the pranks and tricks they did. The book is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Harry has just successfully completed the first task in the Triwizard Tournament, and all the Gryffindors are celebrating in Gryffindor Tower. One of the twins tries to give Hermione a jam tart. Hermione is suspicious, but it's hard not to be suspicious of the Weasley twins. He tells Hermione that he did not jinx the jam tarts, but he did put a spell on the custard creams, which Neville has just bitten into. Obviously Neville does not want to eat his custard cream anymore but Neville is told that he was only joking and Neville is left to eat his custard cream in peace. That is, until Neville turns into a canary. What a wonderful joke! Then there's the unforgettable one: the Skiving Snackboxes. How fabulous those things are! Candy that makes you sick? I would love those things! Some of them aren't even that serious, like the Nosebleed Nougat. I could easily eat one end, then eat the other end right after, no problem. With Puking Pastilles, it's a little more difficult, because you're vomiting so much that you can't really eat anything, and then with the Fainting Fancies you're not exactly conscious enough to do much, but, hey. An excuse to get out of class is an excuse to get out of class. Okay, now I'm going to say DO NOT CONTINUE READING IF YOU HAVE NOT READ ALL OF THE BOOKS IN THE HARRY POTTER SERIES and talk a little about Fred's death. I was sitting in class when I read that for the first time. I was just reading, and Fred died. Rowling writes this in such a heartbreaking manner that it hardly mattered how we all felt about the character anyway, but Fred was such a fun and carefree character that everyone loved, I just thought, What? Fred can't die! I really honestly kind of thought it was impossible. My teacher asked me what I was upset about but I didn't want to tell her because she hadn't read the book yet. She was a Potterhead, but I still didn't want to reveal that. I finally told her and she kind of seemed to have the same reaction as me. "Fred?" she said. So sad.
This is basically how it feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment