Saturday, July 11, 2015

Hourglass Door

Guys, I just finished Heroes of Olympus.
 Do you remember that feeling? You were in about sixth grade? You loved Percy Jackson. And then you found out about this series that everyone was really excited about because it was like a continuation of Percy Jackson. The book was called The Lost Hero. It was one of the popular books of the time, along with Mockingjay and The Red Pyramid. And you were skeptical. Because could he really do this? Was he going to ruin your beautiful series for you? Was he going to continue writing because he was a weak writer who couldn't bear to let go of his characters?
My dear friends, I can assure you that Rick Riordan was not a weak writer who couldn't bear to let go of his characters. He was a genius.
I can't imagine the Percy Jackson universe without our new friends that we met, or the new quest. Heroes of Olympus is such a part of the Percy Jackson universe that it would feel wrong to read just one series. They go so beautifully hand in hand. The Seven are the closest I have ever gotten to characters. Who knew it was possible to hardcore ship so many couples? Leo is definitely my favorite character in the series. (Don't worry, Commander Tool Belt, I am totally on Team Leo. Can I get a t-shirt or something?) This is some of the best modern literature in the world. Well done, Uncle Rick. You did a great job.
(My reviews for The Lost Hero, The Son of Neptune, The Mark of Athena, The House of Hades, and The Blood of Olympus. Feel free to follow me on Goodreads!)
I just started reading a few pages ago (Oh! How great would it be if time were measured in pages?) the Hourglass Door trilogy by Lisa Mangum. The trilogy includes the books The Hourglass Door, The Golden Spiral, and The Forgotten Locket. It's about Abby, who meets the Italian foreign exchange student Dante, who she finds relatively attractive, but whenever he's around weird things start going down, things that involve time.... Based off of what I've read it seems interesting, and I know a lot of other people who liked it. It was ForeWord Reviews' Book of the Year Award winner. This is going to be great!
Love ya, mean it!
--Lizzo
(Haha, oh yeah, that's my name!)

No comments:

Post a Comment