Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Disney Princess Series: Tiana

Hello all.
Between now and Thursday, not a lot has happened. We had a pretty chill weekend. I worked a lot of extra hours. IT SNOWED and is a lot more beautiful and happy than I expected it to be. I finished Friends for the second time and started it for the third time. I got to hear from Quentin L. Cook as he was speaking at SUU to the young adults in the area. My favorite thing that happened is that I got to start the process to serve a mission! I had my first appointment with my bishop and have another on the day I publish this. All very exciting, but not a lot.
With my new excitement to serve a mission and new appreciation for missionaries, I think I realize now more than ever how much the missionaries need to hear from you. They need love and encouragement and strength so please write them! If you have a missionary friend start sending them an email once a week; it doesn't have to be long. They will appreciate all your stories and love, and they will appreciate it from anyone! Go for it even if you guys barely talk. I once emailed a friend I hadn't talked to since eighth grade and it was totally cool. They will love it! And you will in turn love the words you get back from them. You will feel the peace of the Spirit.
Today's Princess post should be short and to the point as well because I have never actually seen this film.
Because while I DO NOT MESS WITH VOODOO IN ANY WAY (and that includes in a DISNEY ANIMATED FILM) I absolutely love Tiana. And while I can't give you very specific plot points as support, I will hype her up all day.
Why? She's so hard-working. She's so passionate.
From what I know about Tiana, she has so much love in her heart for the people around her, and she's very helpful and kind and very friendly, but she also is very assertive and stands up for herself. I love having Tiana as an example of how those two things can coexist. Kindness and love does not mean people get to simply walk all over you.
I love Tiana for her ambition. Her biggest dream is to open the restaurant, and nothing gets in the way of her working toward that vision. She's not willing to stop for anything, or to slow down. Tiana is a person who is focused on her goals and won't let anything shake her. That is my favorite kind of person. She's not a quitter.
I wish I had more words; I wish I had more things to say for how great of a Princess Tiana is. But I honestly do think Tiana's beauty can be simply put in those two points, because she does value love and hard work more than anything else, and she really shows that. She has a lot of integrity.
She's honestly a beyond perfect role model and I'm so glad we have her. As the first Princess of the post-renaissance, I feel like many people were skeptical of Tiana, and Tiana exceeded expectations; she more than delivered. As she always does.
I will do my best to do so as well.
Thanks and much love.
--Lizzo

No comments:

Post a Comment