Saturday, February 7, 2015

Blind Dates Are Just Real-Life OTPs

This is something that I realized a bit ago.
Blind dates, when somebody sets you up on a date with a person you don't know. I hear they are awful. Why would anyone ever put their friends through this? Because they are hardcore shipping their two friends together and it just needs to be a thing.
People just get immense joy out of imagining how cute two people would be if they were together. The next time someone thinks you're weird for having an OTP (my friends laughed at me so hard when I said that Flynn and Rapunzel were my Disney OTP and then they asked what an OTP was), just remember that people outside of the fandom world do it too, even if they don't know it.
And just think, when you go on a blind date and it's just really terrible, it's kind of like when you ship a couple that the author didn't actually write. That's crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment