Sunday, July 21, 2013

Luke Castellan

Yes, as you may have noticed from my "Sassiest Book Characters" post I am a Percy Jackson fan :) But I must say before I begin my rant: some serious spoilers for the Percy Jackson series coming up.
You know, there are always people discussing whether or not Luke Castellan is a hero. You know, I used to say he was both. But when I said that, did I even really understand why he was a hero? I probably pitied him, because you just can't help but feel bad for Luke, and he was kind of tricked into trusting Kronos.
A little while ago I lost my Nancy Drew book so I couldn't read it. I found it today, but I needed something to entertain me. I've been going through a Hunger Games phase the past week so I was kind of clinging to that but one can only go through so much Hunger Games. So last night I got out my copy of The Last Olypian. I've been looking over it for about twenty-four hours now.
Let me just say, having just looked over Luke's death (Well, he isn't actually dead yet, but he's stabbed himself), I can tell you, now I know why they called him a hero. It finally makes sense.
Why didn't I see it before, guys? Honestly? He realizes he was wrong. He sacrifices himself so they can stop Kronos. He is amazing. I hope you guys get what I'm saying. Because I just realized a few minutes ago how much of a hero Luke Castellan really was.

No comments:

Post a Comment