Friday, July 12, 2013

Nancy Drew

Hello, everyone! I would just like to let you know some useless information, being that I have finished my rereading of the Harry Potter series. Along with the seven original books I also read Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Quidditch Through the Ages, and The Tales of Beedle the Bard. These books are just excellent, kids. I could reread these seven masterpieces again and again.
So now I am reading the Nancy Drew series! I have only read four of them, being the first, thirty-second (I believe, unless The Scarlet Slipper Mystery is some other number in the thirties), the fifty-ninth, and the sixtieth. I will be reading a few others too, because we now have many more Nancy Drew books in my home. I was just telling my mother that Nancy Drew is like the Mary Poppins of the American 1930's: she's practically perfect in every way! She is very kind, and as my mother pointed out a few months ago and which I have certainly noticed upon rereading The Secret of the Old Clock, Nancy always is wearing the perfect outfit. You can't solve a mystery without wearing something fashionable.
Who doesn't love an old-fashioned teen detective story?

No comments:

Post a Comment