Wednesday, November 27, 2013

All the Characters Are the Same

Well, not exactly the same. But, I mean, all the stories have the same type of characters. Let me show you what I'm saying, and then you'll be like, "Oh yeah, you're right!"
The first type is the hero, like our friends Harry, Katniss, and Percy.
Then there's the villain, just like Voldemort, President Snow, and Kronos.
The best friend of the hero: Ron, Gale and Grover.
Love interest: Ginny, Peeta, and Annabeth. (Poor Ginny. I guess she didn't get the love-interests-must-have-curly-blond-hair memo.)
The right-hand guy, who's a great helper and friend: Hermione, Finnick and Thalia.
The wise teacher, in this case, Dumbledore, Haymitch, and Chiron.
The poor misunderstood kid: Draco, Cato and Luke.
Then there's the kid that you love because of how weird/annoying they are: Luna, Effie, and Silena.
The underrated hero: Neville, Johanna and Tyson.
The faithful pet: Hedwig, Buttercup (haha in a sense) and Mrs. O'Leary.
See what I mean? I guess there are some "Great Story" elements that you can't go without. Can you guys think of any others?

No comments:

Post a Comment