Monday, March 3, 2014

Never-Ending Seri


So maybe I'm just crazy. But never-ending seri drive me insane. I read them anyway. They're good. What choice do I have? But I am fond of writing. So I have told myself I will never, EVER write a never-ending series.
Do you know what I'm talking about? Stuff like Nancy Drew. You could start in the middle of the series and be totally okay. You didn't really miss anything. Worse yet, it just keeps going and going. Nancy Drew has way over a hundred books now. The girl can't stay eighteen forever! She doesn't even get older! When logically if she was eighteen in 1930 she certainly can't be eighteen now, and she most definitely can't be nine. I like there to be closure. For example, Harry Potter was perfect. Harry Potter was a pretty long series. It took place over many years. But then it was done. It ended. And there are people who wish their fandoms would never end, and sure, she can go on writing stuff like Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, but honestly, there is no story in a never-ending series! Stories end. So the individual books are stories. But not the series. So I guess that's what makes it okay enough. But they'll just keep living like that? There has to be an end to it. I don't know. Maybe it doesn't bother you. But I like endings. I like them a lot. And never-ending seri don't really have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment