Sunday, March 2, 2014

Why J.K. Rowling is Wrong

(Spoilers for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
If you didn't know this, I am a huge Romione shipper. They are probably my favorite ship. So you can imagine that when I see that J.K. Rowling regrets Ron and Hermione's relationship, I have to see what's up. So I read a bit of an article, I'll post a link so you can read it too.
http://www.hypable.com/2014/02/01/jk-rowling-ron-hermione-relationship-regret-interview/
You'll read that she said she wrote it for "personal reasons, not for reasons of credibility." Not for reasons of credibility?! What do you mean?! Romione is literally the most credible fictional couple in the universe! J.K. Rowling, you were right the first time! It's just so upsetting to find out the author of my favorite ship ships another ship!
But it gets better than that. Emma Watson, who is interviewing her, says that in the end Ron probably wouldn't have been able to make Hermione happy. Here's the thing, guys. Ron isn't a perfect guy. We could sit here and list his flaws. But he is a totally lovable guy. And he is perfect for Hermione. Ron likes to joke around and doesn't care about grades or rules. Hermione doesn't really like to joke around and cares only about grades and rules. They balance each other out. Hermione helps Ron get good grades, and Ron helps Hermione loosen up. He's one of the only people who can get Hermione to laugh. How is that not perfect?!
I mean, just look at them. They're so cute.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment