Friday, January 24, 2014

I'm Sorry, Guys

(I guess there are spoilers for The Hunger Games and Catching Fire.)
You guys know I love Katniss. I used to not. It irritated me how she treated the people she loved sometimes, and I especially disliked how she wouldn't forgive her mother. Now I realize she loved her and eventually she tried to forgive. Now I know that it's her personality, and honestly, I love Katniss's personality. But today looking at Catching Fire I realized how long ago I should have recognized this. Way long ago. I read Catching Fire for the first time two years ago. So two years ago I should have realized this. Listen to this from the book.
   "Since I've been home I've been trying hard to mend my relationship with my mother. Asking her to do things for me instead of brushing aside any offer of help, as I did for years out of anger. Letting her handle all the money I won. Returning her hugs instead of tolerating them. My time in the arena made me realize how I needed to stop punishing her for something she couldn't help, specifically the crushing depression she fell into after my father's death. Because sometimes things happen to people and they're not equipped to deal with them."
She even admitted it was depression and not her mother's own doing! It's like she was apologizing to me personally for what she did. I feel really bad I ever felt that way about Katniss. She's awesome. I love her personality and what she became throughout the books, she learned how to love people and even became smarter almost. Katniss, you're awesome. I'm sorry I thought that about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment