Friday, January 17, 2014

It's Worth Reading Just to Read About the Food

First of all, guys, thanks for all the pageviews! That makes me feel pretty special :)
Secondly, I think we can all agree that food in books sound super good. Like, we could read book food all day. It drives you crazy sometimes. (Spoilers for The Lightning Thief, The Son of Neptune, Harry Potter and Hunger Games.)
We'll start with Percy Jackson. The way he describes his mom's blue chocolate chip cookies, it makes me want to make some myself. Who knows how we're celebrating Percy's birthday this year? And at Aunty Em's. Sure, she turned out to be Medusa, but she has the most delicious burgers, fries, and shakes in the universe. (And probably wax paper, but we'd have to ask Grover.) Seriously, I was reading The Lightning Thief one night and my mom went and got us some food because it gave me this huge craving for fries. Rediculous. And the food at the camps, the fruit and bread and barbecue at Camp Half-Blood, and the anything you want at Camp Jupiter. (I haven't read that book in a while. That's what it's called, right? I would look like a total idiot if that isn't what it's called.)
Then as for Harry Potter, there's the food at Hogwarts. Dang, house-elves, tell us your secret! We want to be able to cook like that. (At least I have The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook: A Magical Christmas Menu on my Kindle. Time for me to be a house-elf ;) ) And the magical candies. Don't you want to try them all? And you can eat the floss mint candies after to make your teeth clean after all that candy-eating! And then of course there's the famous Mrs. Weasley! Don't worry Mrs. Weasley, we didn't forget about you, we just saved the best for last! Harry never fails to mention how much of Mrs. Weasley's wonderful cooking he gets to have when he visits the Burrow. She doesn't even deprive the kids of her amazing treats when they're at Hogwarts! She sends the kids treats at Christmas and Easter. Way to go, Mrs. Weasley. You're cool.
And I saved the most delicious for last. Hunger Games! Katniss gets to go and have many food adventures in the Capitol, and we're lucky that we're readers and not citizens of Panem (Power to District One), because that means we get to hear her talk about it! Do I need to say more? That Capitol food.
Sorry if you're hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment