Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Adventures in the CLAM: First Transfer Call.... (April 8, 2019-April 14, 2019)

Hey everyone!
I guess I forgot just how much I got asked about my two-transfer mission call when I was actually in my first two transfers. I do know I was a lot more accustomed to explaining it back then, because I pretty much had a whole speech prepared because people asked about it so much. I did notice towards the end of my mission whenever I found myself having to explain it that I had grown a little rusty and wasn't as good and quick with my answer. For those of you that are still curious as to exactly how my mission went down (because it is a little different from a typical missionary's experience), you can check out a post about it here.
Let's just assume from here on out that I edit out typos, spelling errors, and emojis because I don't hate myself or any of you. Thanks, I love you all. Enjoy!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello one and all!
LA LOVE:
Okay so everyone go listen to "Noyana/Come, Come, Ye Saints" by Vocal Point because that's my mission song, like that is what the mission sounds like.
So I am constantly flexing being from Vegas, whether it's because I don't think it's hot outside or because I'm used to city life, and there's a 500% chance it drives Sister Merkley crazy HAHAHA.
The mission is reading the Book of Mormon together and we're going to finish it in July before President Haynie and Sister Haynie leave. We are marking every mention of repentance and I am loving it!
I had a friend ask this past week about how long I will be serving. I will be serving for eighteen months because I will be extending my mission and receiving a second mission call after this transfer, but my current mission call is only for three months, just as a trial run to see if I am able to handle the stresses of mission life. I'm going to extend fifteen months after that, but right now the only release date I have in my future is six weeks from now. When I get the second call I'll let you know!
EVENTS OF THE WEEK:
We went to the mall for p-day which was actually kind of weird being a missionary in a mall haha.
Someone in our ward has a family home evening once a month for anybody who wants to come and Sister Sanerive and I led the discussion this month! We talked about how the gospel has changed our lives and how it can change the lives of others as we follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost. It was a really great night.
Operation Gratitude with the district was a party, and a chaotic party at that because many other people including other missionaries from the zone were there this week!
Last English class of the transfer.
Last district council of the transfer! It was honestly super sad; I love being in my district and the Granola zone. We work with a lot of great missionaries and I love them so much.
We had a mission-wide apartment deep clean where we decluttered the apartments, in which I inherited a sweater that previously belonged to Sister Fukunaga (Sister Sanerive's trainer) and we found an MRE and WE HAVE BEEN EATING IT SLOWLY BUT SURELY HAHAHA.
This week was my first transfer call, where at the end of the transfer the zone leaders tell us whether we stay or move for the next six weeks. I will be staying in the Reseda ward, and so will Sister Sanerive! We are excited to serve another six weeks in this area together. Sister Merkley will be staying in the Van Nuys ward, but sadly Sister Thawornniwat will be moving on to a different area. We are sad to see her go. The crazy thing is, though, that Sister Merkley's new companion, Sister Roberts, will not be coming for more or less a week. So until that happens, Sister Merkley will be in a trio with us, and we will be double covering the Reseda and Van Nuys areas! It's going to be an adventure for sure.
FRIENDS:
Sukki gave me a pen this week which was so sweet because she knows I love writing. We tried reading a little bit from the Book of Mormon this week and discussion a bit more of the Restoration.
Visited Steve and did some Book of Mormon reading.
We had met with a lot of other families in the ward this week, some just for lunch or dinner and even more for member trainings! These member trainings are really starting to take off, and now our bishop knows about them and he is all for it!
I'd like to share a verse of scripture that I found while reading the Book of Mormon this week, a simple call to action delivered by Nephi in 1 Nephi 7:12:
"Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him? Wherefore, let us be faithful to him."
Let us be faithful to Him indeed! He is a God that never fails!
Thanks and much love!
--Sister Day

No comments:

Post a Comment