Thursday, September 10, 2020

Adventures in the CLAM: A Full Week (March 11, 2019-March 17, 2019)

Hey everyone! Just as a short introduction to today's post, I think I may use a little terminology that is just used among missionaries in this post. Please let me know if I need to make any clarifications and I will post them in the comments.
(Also edited this one for emojis hahaha.)
I also just wanted to say that upon reflecting on these old letters it's been very nice to look back because I am really seeing how much I grew over the course of my mission. It is so interesting to see a young missionary's perspective as compared to mine now. I am loving this series and I hope you are too.
Thanks, I love you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi one and all!
LA LOVE:
Sometimes I'm still in slight denial that I am on a mission because it just feels way more like normal life than I thought it would.
In the Los Angeles area there are just a ton of movie billboards everywhere! I love it so much! They're at almost every bus stop and on a few large billboards as well. The ads for Us are soo awesome and spooky hahaha.
The California Los Angeles Mission has a lot of history behind it; for example we were the first mission to use the black name tags that are now standard for all missionaries!
EVENTS OF THE WEEK:
District p-day (preparation day). We went to the institute and played games with the elders in our district. I learned how to play pool and spike ball, kind of... as much as I ever learn how to play any game hahaha. I'm not very good at either HAHAHA
Interviews with President Haynie and Sister Haynie! We have interviews with them once a transfer and I loved getting to talk with them! We also had a training on testifying of the Book of Mormon.... More on that in a bit.
District counsel was awesome this week.
We had a ward activity that was a spaghetti dinner fundraiser for the Young Women! It was so sweet because we were told so many ward members volunteered to buy our tickets so we could come, but we got in for free! But it was so nice of so  many ward members to volunteer to help; we have the best ward.
We got to teach the youth (Beehives/Deacons) Sunday School class so that was the best! I love working with children!!!
FRIENDS:
Trinity, she is well on her way to baptism and when we were teaching her she was practically teaching the lesson for us! She is doing great. AH WE LOVE HER
Sukki, she gives us sooo much! She gives us food every time we come because she says we serve God all day the least they can do is feed us. She had me put coconut oil in my hair and had Sister Sanerive braid it and she said "you can write to your parents and tell them a crazy Indian woman made you put coconut oil in your hair" hahaha! We talk about the Bible with her and read it with her and pray with her and I love it soo much, and she does too. We love Sukki!!
Jose, we got to teach him a few lesson and even went to the visitor center with him! (Which means I got to be in the city and y'all know how I feel about that) He lovvved the visitor center and it really helped him understand more about the gospel.
We had lunch with the Wood family! They were sooo nice and they are very musical so they played some music for us! And they even had me sing for them so that was really awesome
My scripture for the week is another one of my favorites that kept coming up this week, Alma 37:6:
"Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small nad simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise."
Even though we are mere mortals that cannot do a lot, through God our small things can be GREAT things!
Thanks and much love!
--Sister Day

No comments:

Post a Comment