Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Adventures in the CLAM: PREACH WHILE WE'RE YOUNG (June 17, 2019-June 23, 2019)

Hey everyone!
I was just thinking about how sometimes I recommend sermons for you to read at the end of these posts, and I realized that I'm not sure I ever told you how to access them. If you just do a basic internet search of the sermon's name and the speaker, then it should be the first thing that comes up in your search results, likely on churchofjesuschrist.org. They're always things that I was reminded of during the week or things that have inspired me, so I hope they can help you too!
Enjoy!

Hello one and all!
LA LOVE:
We have now started car sharing in the apartment! So now if we coordinate with the other sisters, Sister Along and I can take the car whenever we want! I've been assigned as the designated driver for this companionship so catch me cruising the streets of SoCal.
Sister Along and I sing "Live While We're Young" by One Direction like every time we leave the apartment so we wrote a missionary version:
LET'S GO CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY WHILE WE SEE THE SUN
WE WANT TO TEACH ABOUT THE PLAN OF SALVATION
'CAUSE GOD WANTS YOU TO COME BACK HOME TO HIS KINGDOM
TONIGHT LET'S GET SOME AND PREACH WHILE WE'RE YOUNGG
Thank you for your time.
EVENTS OF THE WEEK:
Sister Along and I got ice cream again on p-day so hey.
We had our last apartment inspection with Elder Whetten and Sister Whetten. We love them so much and we will miss them.
Met some super cool people (Chloe and Dan) at Operation Gratitude this week!
We had our last zone interviews with President Haynie and Sister Haynie. I love them both and have appreciated their insights and inspiration as I've worked with them. We also got a super good training from the sister training leaders and zone leaders about becoming consecrated missionaries and it was really inspiring. No big deal but I would die for them twelve times.
Had the funniest street contact roleplays of my life with Elder Reid and Elder Lee at district council this week and had a great training from Elder Burt about finding with faith.
I volunteered to sing with our ward choir! They are singing a super hard song that I've sung before and I honestly miss singing a lot so I practiced with them once and I'm super excited for that!
FRIENDS:
We visited the Curtis family to bring them some cookies and share with them one of my favorite scriptures (Isaiah 41:10) and the story of how I discovered it during one of the worst times of my life and how it helped me through.
We started teaching Sukki the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. She is learning and growing so much.
We helped Dori and Danny throw some stuff out of their apartment because sadly they are MOVING! I love them so much and I'm really going to miss them but also happy for them.
We had a member training with Sister Graham about how inviting our friends to participate in gospel activities is the success, whether or not they accept! She also came with us to a lesson which ended up falling through but it was super nice of her.
We went to visit Tony! We talked with him about our missionary life and the importance of obedience.
We met with Jay, who had been taught by missionaries before and wants to be taught by missionaries and come to church again.
The C. family! We've been trying to track down their son Alex Jr. for almost the whole transfer. While we were doing that we met Alex, his wife Ophelia, and their daughter Giselle all of whom are super sweet! We knew we had to start teaching them. Last night we finally did! We told them what we teach about and introduced them to the Book of Mormon. They are going to read the introduction and we are all so excited to meet with them again!
This week I'd like to invite you to read a talk by Russell M. Nelson, "Ask the Missionaries! They Can Help You!" It explains the basics of what I believe and about what us missionaries do. It's really true. Us missionaries are here to help; it's what we love to do. Feel free to ask me or any of us for anything. We will do what we can to help you.
Thanks and much love!
--Sister Day

No comments:

Post a Comment