Friday, September 25, 2020

Adventures in the CLAM: Happy Six Years! (May 27, 2019-June 2, 2019)

Hey everyone!
On the post for this week, I was celebrating six years on the blog on the last p-day of my second transfer. Being on a mission I was obviously pretty distant from you guys, but it was all worth it. What better way to celebrate It's an Adventure! than on the greatest adventure of them all?
I hope you enjoy hearing about the mission adventures as much as I loved living them. It was truly unforgettable.

Hello one and all!
LA LOVE:
So last transfer, every time the air would randomly shut one of the doors or something like that, we would say it was our apartment's ghost, right? we named him Chadwin. Flash back to the transfer previous, where we had a mission-wide deep clean. I had cleaned out my closet and saw something that looked like eyes in the back. It was too far back though so I didn't try to grab it, although I wondered about it many times after. It looked like a ghost to me. Flash back forward to the first day of this transfer. I noticed that the mysterious object I had always seen was closer to the edge of the shelf. So I grabbed it and what did I find? It was in fact a ghost! Chadwin manifested himself as a beautiful felt ghost and he is literally the love of my life.
EVENTS OF THE WEEK:
Last Monday was a very significant day in my personal history. It was six years of It's an Adventure! The blog is the love of my life and I miss it frequently. However, I'm happy to be here and living one of the greatest adventures of all. The past year of blog life has been the most adventurous yet. I've experienced by greatest joy and my greatest pain. I have honestly loved it and I'm so happy to be where I am now. I spent the majority of that year with a big question mark as to where I would be at this point in my life, one that was only just recently resolved, and I am so happy with all of it, the process and the results. Every moment was beautiful and necessary. I was told in my priesthood blessing when I was set apart as a missionary that I would while on my mission look back on all the things I had to do to get here and would be filled with appreciation and gratitude, and it's true. I frequently think about how I am only able to accomplish what I am doing now because of all the work that went into submitting my application, and I am so grateful. It simply wouldn't have been possible otherwise. Thanks be to God.
On our last preparation day of the transfer we went to this ice cream place on Sherman Way that we had been looking at for awhile and it was SO GOOD. Sister Merkley and I decided we are definitely going back. There was also a ward activity so that helped us say goodbye to people in the ward. The day was filled with goodbyes and packing. We all miss Sister Sanerive.
The next day was transfer day! It was my first time getting a new companion so that was pretty scary. I love Sister Along! She studies literature so we have a lot in common. Our companionship is already so unified; we work together really well. For a few days I was really feeling the stress of being senior companion; it's not an easy job, but it never felt like something I couldn't handle. I feel pretty confident about it now though. We also spent this week walking and bussing because none of the bikes we had fit Sister Along; she is too short! However, later in the week a miracle occurred. More on that in a bit.
I was also super nervous for the first district council of the transfer because I am in a new district this transfer! But it was a great time; I love my district, everyone in my district is awesome and people that I already knew at least a little bit, and Elder Burt is a great district leader and super willing to help us with what we need. We can tell it is going to be a great transfer.
FRIENDS:
Sister Sanerive said goodbye to Sukki on p-day which was very beautiful and heartbreaking. We brought Sister Along to meet her the next day. She loves Sister Along just like I knew she would.
We said goodbye to Steve on p-day too, then came to visit him later in the week with Sister Along. We are going to start studying Come, Follow Me with him!
We visited with Margaret and Lydia and shared with them my favorite comfort scripture, Isaiah 41:10. It really is true that Heavenly Father is with us at all times.
We visited with Tony a few times this week, discussed some scriptures he had asked us to read, and taught him about how God loves us and placed us in families.
We had a member training with the Dickson family! They are awesome and it is clear that the gospel of Jesus Christ means a lot to them.
We visited a potential new friend, Kat! She is so sweet and loves Jesus Christ. She has gone to church her whole life and is interested in going to ours.
We had a member training with the Vittetoe family. It was awesome for Sister Along to get to meet the bishop of our ward and his family. They are so enthusiastic about sharing the gospel and we loved getting to talk about bearing testimony with them.
Our last member training of the week was with the Enos family. We talked about two of my favorite things--the gospel of Jesus Christ and theatre! When you're in a play, you are given two main materials to help you play your part: the script and the director. In life, our script is the scriptures and the director is Jesus Christ, through living prophets. If we follow those two things, we will know what we need to do next. The gospel is also like being in a play because it takes practice--and sometimes we do good and sometimes we have a bad run, but we are always trying to do our very best. And as we practice our part we have to take it to heart. If we don't believe what we're saying and doing, no one will. Once we've practiced it and made it a part of our heart, the time comes to share it with others. That can be REALLY scary. But when we do share it, we feel great, and people love it. Just like with a play, that's what we do with the gospel of Jesus Christ--we practice and study what we're given, we make it a part of our heart, and we share it with others! We had our miracle with the Enos family, when Sister Enos gave us a bike that fits Sister Along! We are so excited to be biking again because walking and bussing were really time-consuming and really tiring.
I hope you have a great week! Remember that YOU are a child of Go and even when we forget Him, He doesn't forget us. Ever.
Thanks and much love!
--Sister Day

No comments:

Post a Comment