Saturday, October 17, 2020

Adventures in the CLAM: "The Start of Something New" (September 23, 2019-September 30 2019)

 


Hello one and all!
LA LOVE:
Okay, so yesterday we watched the video about the new program for children and youth in the Church and let me tell you I loved it! I was highkey getting very emotional because I am so excited to teach children. I love and admire the youth of the world; they are a very strong force for good.
EVENTS OF THE WEEK:
On p-day we went to Michoacana (a classic, best ice cream, 10/10 would recommend) as we do in this apartment.
We had our last district council of the transfer. We got a training about some teaching skills in Preach My Gospel and then had a party since Elder Howell is going home. I made brownies and we had a little party as the first ever Canoga Park zone. (Just so everyone is aware, Elder Peterson did not bring anything to the baking competition.) It has been such a pleasure to serve in this zone with such great missionaries.
Guido came with us to a baptism for Gustavo in the El Camino Real ward! The Spirit of God was very present in the room and we were all so happy for him. guido congratulated him after and loved seeing how special the baptismal service was.
We had our transfer call last night. It was the best transfer call I've ever had. Sister White is staying in Reseda, and she is training. My little trainee is all grown up with a trainee of her own! I will be leaving Reseda, my first time being transferred, and going to the Wilshire area in the Los Angeles zone. I am opening the area, and I have the privilege of training again. Sister Pace and Sister Pond are both staying in El Camino Real, so I am the only one moving out of the apartment. I am really excited for the new opportunities ahead of me, a new environment, a new companion, a new ward to serve in. Let's go get it!
FRIENDS:
We got back in contact with David this week and we talked about baptism. That is something he is interested in, so he is going to pray to know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ and the church he needs to be baptized in.
Johnny is doing well and loving being taught by us and the Northridge sisters! We learned about receiving the priesthood and about the temple, and he is super excited to take part in both. He attended activites and church with the Northridge ward this weeek and he is loving it. It has been a good transition for him.
We taught Guido about baptism, how it's made important because of priesthood authority. It can't just be done by anyone, and that's what was missing from his baptism before. He really enjoyed witnessing Gustavo's baptism. Guido will be going out of town for a little bit, but he said he would love to keep being taught over the phone!
We have been reading the Book of Mormon with Jose this week. He is loving it! He really relates to Lehi wanting to raise his children in righteousness.
We visited Steve and read "Abound With Blessings" by Elder Renlund with him. He really understood the small acts he will have to complete in order to receive big blessings, and he is eager to reap those rewards.
What a blessing it has been to serve in this area! I will surely miss it, but I'm excited for the coming transfer.
Before I close, general conference is this weekend! I am so excited to hear the word of God from living prophets and apostles. You can check it out at churchofjesuschrist.org.
I also wanted to share a favorite scripture of mine from the Book of Mormon, 3 Nephi 18:24-25:
"Therefore, hold up your light that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up--that which ye have seen me do. Behold ye see that I have prayed unto the Father, and ye all have witnessed.
And ye see that I have commanded that none of you should go away, but rather have commanded that ye should come unto me, that ye might feel and see; even so shall ye do unto the world; and whosoever breaketh this commandment suffereth himself to be led into temptation."
May we all come unto Christ this week, and hold His light up to the world!
Thanks and much love!
--Sister Day

No comments:

Post a Comment