Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Adventures in the CLAM: Way Too Many Cookies (Spetember 2, 2019-September 8, 2019)

 


Hello one and all!
LA LOVE:
This week I baked cookies for our apartment, for our district, and for a baptism, so pretty much what I'm saying is baking and I are going to need some space for a bit.
EVENTS OF THE WEEK:
This week I hit a terrifying point in my mission, my one year left mark. It has been such a great experience so far and it's crazy to think I have so little time left.
On p-day we went to In-N-Out, Sister Pace's first time ever at an In-N-Out and the trainees' first time in California!
I hit my six months! I am a third done with my mission. I have seen so many people change their lives to follow Jesus Christ and seen the hope His gospel gives them. It is the most wonderful feeling to be a part of.
We had a great district council this week. I love serving around so many missionaries that are able to help me know how to help my friends. We talked a lot about how to make our study time the most effective too.
JOHNNY'S BAPTISM!!! More on that in a bit.
FRIENDS:
We sadly are not able to visit Tony anymore, but he is still studying the gospel and going strong. We are happy for him and for how much he is seeking after the gospel of Jesus Christ. We love him so much, he is our best pal.
This week Johnny learned about service, obedience to the commandments, eternal families, and the importance of being diligent in the gospel while he eagerly awaited being baptized. The day finally came and it was the most spiritual baptism I think I have ever been to. A lot of people were there to support him at his baptism, from both our ward and the Northridge ward. Johnny was very prepared for this moment. He said he got out of the water and was like, woah. The next day he received the gift of the Holy Ghost. There are so many great things ahead for him. We are so excited for Johnny now that he has taken this step in his life.
We met Guido while we were walking to an appointment. Let me tell ya, this guy loves Jesus Christ and greatly understands the importance of prayer. When we met him he said what do two girls like you have to offer a guy like me? We were like let us tell ya! We started teaching him about the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ this week and we are very happy to be teaching him. He came to church as well and really enjoyed it!
David is progressing a lot. He is really starting to understand the power of the priesthood. We started talking about the gospel of Jesus Christ and he started opening up about a lot of things to us. He said he would come to church next week, and it wasn't just a commitment to us, it was a commitment to the Lord. We are happy for him and seeing how he is changing.
Carmen is amazing! She is really working hard to get answers to her questions and is patiently waiting for answers. We read 2 Nephi 2 and talked about it together. She really understood it and is learning so much.
Today I wanted to share some verses from this week's Come, Follow Me study that I really loved for many reasons, 1 Corinthians 15:53-58:
"For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord."
I love remembering that death is not what REALLY kills us. Jesus came back to life so all of us will too. The thing that really hurts us is sinning. I love remembering that we will be resurrected after we die, and that Jesus is the reason behind all of it. And I love the gratitude that I hear in these words. Let us all be grateful for the wonderful gift of Jesus Christ!
Thanks and much love!
--Sister Day

No comments:

Post a Comment