Monday, November 30, 2020

Adventures in the CLAM: I Got Blocked?! ft. Conferences (March 30, 2020-April 5, 2020)

 


Hello one and all!
LA LOVE:
We have been exploring many new ways of finding online. We experienced the miracle of finding a Facebook group just for people that live in our area! There were over a thousand people in the group so it seemed like a great opportunity to find people who were interested in learning about the gospel in our area by sharing uplifting messages. I wrote a post for the group, and we were very careful to not say anything about God or religion in the post, so people could see that we just wanted to share a hopeful message in this crazy time. We submitted the post to be approved by the group admin. Upon checking Facebook the next day, we couldn't see that my post had been approved. I couldn't see the group on Facebook anywhere at all, actually. I GOT BLOCKED?! Just for trying to share an uplifting message about finding the blessings during this gloomy time. Hahaha! The adversary will truly stop at nothing to wreck the Lord's work, but we won't stop either. I'm not saying a lot, I'm just saying that the Lord will remember this in the last day.
EVENTS OF THE WEEK:
I spent the night with Sister Torres and Sister Wall on p-day, so we went on a Target shopping trip together! Ulta was closed so I had to buy makeup there, and it was actually kind of fun to have to look around for different makeup that I had never tried before. I also may or may not have splurged on a lipstick that I won't wear for five more months and a t-shirt dress.
I had another midcycle! Sister John and I are back together and we are double covering Palos Verdes and Redondo 1st. It has been so fun to be with her again. I think we are both very happy that the dust is starting to settle now and things should be pretty normal for awhile.
We had zone conference! All of the non-Spanish areas met together over Zoom call and talked about our transfer objectives under these new circumstances. I really loved this zone conference! I think I have a better understanding of how to accomplish the transfer objectives now and a really good idea of what direction to take in my missionary work.
We had district council as a zone this week because our numbers have decreased so much. I got to give a training on how to find and teach, which was really fun because I have loved getting to use my social media talent in my missionary work. I have learned a lot about how to move the work forward on the internet and I've really enjoyed it! Hopefully some of my hot tips helped my friends.
I hit thirteen months! Let me tell you, this mission is flying by. I am so glad I have gotten to be a missionary for so long. I am in one of the happiest times of my mission right now. I will say there were a few months where I was really struggling, but I seem to have come out conqueror, as we always do when we work hard and follow the Lord. I really feel so privileged to be a missionary right now and I have never been so eager to share the gospel with as many people as I can!
General conference this weekend was incredible! Where to even begin in describing the wonder of this conference? So much was spoken of about the past of our Church, how the Restoration began and how it goes on today. So much was spoken of about the future of our Church, discussing prophecies that have been fulfilled and are yet to be fulfilled, and the incredible work that is moving forward and will continue to move forward! So many messages of hope during troubling times were shared. So much was said about who the Savior truly is, someone who does things for us that we simply CAN'T do ourselves no matter how hard we try--but that's okay, because He has redeemed us. There were messages about love, unity, and hard work. The priesthood power of God was emphasized in many talks at the conference, including some given by two beautiful youth, who never cease to amaze and thrill me. Another worldwide fast was announced on the tenth of April, Good Friday, and any and all people are welcome to join. A new symbol marking the Church of Jesus Christ was shared and can now be found on churchofjesuschrist.org and the Gospel Library app. We participated in a solemn assembly and a sacred ceremony called the hosanna shout! How I felt the Spirit as I stood with my companion by our couch in front of her cell phone screen, waving our hand and shouting praises to the Lord, watching our prophets and apostles in a nearly empty room do the same! The emotion I felt as I listened to hymns dear to my heart, as I heard for the first time the "Hosanna Anthem", and as I heard the closing hymn sung by Saints all over the world on every continent! This conference truly was memorable and unforgettable, just as President Nelson promised. What a great last general conference for my mission. I testify that the messages in this conference were true--Jesus Christ's Church is on the earth here to stay, and it is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. There is no doubt in my mind about it. The day of miracles has not ceased. Heavenly Father has called a prophet to speak for Him just like He always has--today that prophet is President Russell M. Nelson. I implore you to listen to him speak with a pure heart--watch the video of the new proclamation or check out general conference at churchofjesuschrist.org. As you do, you will know you are listening to a servant of the Lord, and you will know you have found the right place, the place that can fill ANY void in your life. I invite EVERYONE reading these words to really consider this, really consider if these words are true and if you are feeling the Holy Spirit of the Lord right now. If you think I'm excluding you from this invitation, that I'm not talking to you, I am. Don't shy away from this--it will change your life for the immensely better.
FRIENDS:
Robert and Katherine are incredible! They have been reading the Book of Mormon on their own without even being prompted by us. We taught them about living prophets and they said it was amazing! We invited them to be baptized and they are praying about it. They loved general conference!
Craig is amazing! We reviewed the Restoration with him and connected it to how we have a prophet today! Craig has listened to a past talk by President Nelson AND he watched conference and he LOVES President Nelson--but don't we all. He's been reading the Book of Mormon a lot, and he read the story of Enos about twenty times! He knows it so well and is pretty much obsessed with it, because Enos reminded him of himself! We taught Craig about baptism and invited him to be baptized. He accepted! He is preparing to be baptized on the sixteenth of May. He sees the change of heart he has had and he is amazing. What a faithful guy.
We got to talk to Arista about what she's been reading in the Book of Mormon! She is a very awesome, studious, spiritual lady.
We got to talk to John and Nataly about the importance of the sacrament and general conference! John got to watch the conference and he loved it!
Letty really opened up this week. She has been going through a lot over the past year, but she has a lot of faith in God. What a sweet woman!
We shared a message with Dexter and Belinda and their kids! We talked about repentance and how Jesus Christ can cleanse us.
Mary is going through a hard time right now. We shared a message about how the grave has no victory because she lost a friend recently.
Monica is so sweet! We talked to her about the Book of Mormon. As we shared our favorite verses with her over the phone, she read right along with us! We taught her about the apostasy and Restoration as well.
We met up with Cathryn and did a scripture study with her and the Kakazus! We talked about how we have all been preparing for conference. It was a very spiritual meeting. Wow, I love them so much.
Thanks and much love!
--Sister Day

No comments:

Post a Comment